Red Bird Cotton Candy Cupcakes
1 package French Vanilla Cake Mix
3 large eggs
1 1/3 cups water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 (16 ounce) can Vanilla Icing
Red Food Coloring
½ cup Crushed Red Bird Cotton Candy Puffs
6-12 Red Bird Cotton Candy Puffs (full size)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake liners in muffin pans.
2. Prepare cake batter as directed on package.
3. Pour batter into prepared cupcake liners, filling them no more than two-thirds full.
4. Bake 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
5. Let cupcakes cool 3-5 minutes and them remove from pan. Cool completely.
6. Mix icing with a few drops of red food coloring until desired level of pink. Stir until evenly blended.
7. Frost cupcakes and sprinkle with Red Bird cotton candy pieces. Top with a full sized puff. Enjoy!!
Tip: To crush the Red Bird cotton candy puffs, place unwrapped puffs in a gallon sized zip lock bag. Use a rolling pin or meat tenderizer to crush puffs with light – medium hammering.