17 oz. Good –Quality White Chocolate, finely chopped
1c. Crushed Red Bird Peppermint Puffs or Sticks
7 oz. Bittersweet or Semisweet Chocolate, chopped
6 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
¾ teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- Turn large baking sheet upside down. Cover securely with foil. Mark 12 x 9 inch rectangle on foil.
- Stir white chocolate in metal bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water) until chocolate is melted and smooth and candy thermometer registers 110◦F. (Chocolate will feel warm to the touch). Remove from over water
- Pour ⅔ cup melted white chocolate onto rectangle on foil. Using icing spatula, spread chocolate to fill rectangle. Sprinkle with ¼ cup crushed peppermints. Chill until set, about 15 minutes.
- Stir bittersweet chocolate, cream and peppermint extract in heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat until just melted and smooth. Cool to barely lukewarm, about 5 minutes
- Pour bittersweet chocolate mixture in long lines over white chocolate rectangle. Using icing spatula, spread bittersweet chocolate in even layer. Refrigerate until very cold and firm, about 25 minutes.
- Rewarm remaining white chocolate in bowl set over barely simmering water to 110◦F
- Working quickly, pour white chocolate over firm bittersweet chocolate later; spread to cover. Immediately sprinkle with remaining crushed peppermint candy. Chill just until firm (about 20 minutes).
- Lift foil with bark onto work surface; trim edges.
- Cut bark crosswise into 2-inch wide strips. Using metal spatula, slide bark off of foil and onto work surface. Cut each strip crosswise into 3 sections and each section diagonally into 2 triangles.