4 cups Granulated Sugar
1 cup Light Corn Syrup
3 Large Egg Whites
1½ teaspoon Peppermint Extract
½ cup Crushed Red Bird Peppermint Puffs or Sticks
- Oil a 9” by 9” pan and a spoon, set aside.
- Combine sugar and corn syrup in a medium saucepan with ¾ cup water and cook over medium heat until mixture reaches 260 degrees on a candy thermometer (about 20 minutes)
- Beat egg whites to stiff peaks in a large bowl using an electric mixer set on medium-high speed.
- Reduce speed to medium and slowly pour sugar mixture into egg whites.
- Add peppermint extract and continue to beat until mixture is very thick and fluffy (about 12 minutes).
- Immediately drop dollops of divinity batter onto oiled baking sheet and top with crushed peppermint candy.
- Let stand at room temperature until firm (about 2 hours).