2 ¼ cups Powdered Sugar
2 Tablespoons Softened Butter
2 teaspoons Peppermint Extract
2 Tablespoons Cream
12 oz. Dark Chocolate
½ cup Crushed Red Bird Peppermint Puffs or Sticks
- Place powdered sugar, butter, peppermint extract and cream in a mixing bowl and blend on high until the candy comes together and is light and creamy. When you touch it, it should be soft, but not at all sticky. If it seems sticky, add a little more powdered sugar, a few Tablespoons at a time until the mixture is no longer sticky. It should be a very stiff, Play-Doh like consistency.
- Roll the candy and shape it into a log about with approximately a 1 ½ inch diameter.
- Wrap the log in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until it is very firm (~45 minutes).
- Once firm, use a large sharp knife to slice off rounds about ¼ inch thick.
- Melt Dark Chocolate in a double boiler
- Using a toothpick inserted into each round of peppermint candy, dip the rounds into the melted dark chocolate coating them and then place on parchment paper to cool and harden.
Recipe should yield about 36 candies.